Omega-3 fatty acids contain two types of acid i.e. docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). These fatty acids are greatly important for our body and good health. These are important nutrients which are essential in preventing and treating heart diseases. There are so many powerful health and beauty benefits of omega-3. There are three main types of omega-3 fatty acids and they are: ALA, DHA and EPA. These can be consumed by so many vegetarian and non-vegetarian sources. Fish is the main source of omega 3 fatty acids but there are also so many other Omega-3 Rich Foods. Below are some top benefits of omega-3 which are proven by science.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Benefits
- Omega-3 foods and supplements can help to treat and prevent anxiety and depression. EPA which is a type of omega-3 fatty acids is found to be the most powerful at fighting depression.
- DHA, a type of omega-3 fatty acid has a structural component same as our eyes retinas. It can help to prevent macular degeneration which causes blindness and vision impairment.
- Since heart attacks are the world’s leading causes of death but omega-3 fatty acids has lots of benefits to heart health. Omega-3 improves the number of risk factors for heart diseases.
- It also reduces the chances of abnormal heart rhythms.
- It is very beneficial for high blood pressure patients because it lowers high blood pressure.
- Omega-3 fatty acids slow down the development of plaque in the arteries.
- Omega-3 fatty acids also reduce triglycerides.
- Omega-3 foods can reduce the symptoms of ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in children and also improves attention.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can improve mental disorders and also decrease violent behavior.
- Omega-3 fatty acids have lots of benefits for your skin. It keeps your skin healthy, soft, moist and wrinkles free. It also treats sunburns and prevents premature aging.